Anne and flowers


I recently painted a series inspired by Anne of Green Gables. A buyer from out of state commissioned these after finding this very blog and seeing my previous work.

She has commissioned  five additional compositions containing scenes from the book.

I painted the work twice.  I am too appalled by the first one I made to show it to you. Let it be said that it is just horrible and I am glad I started over. Thankfully the other paintings started better than this one. 



 Close up of face

Detail of the flowers

 I am very happy with how the finished piece turned out and I am excited to be working on the rest of these paintings. I love this book so much, it makes me want to get the book out and get reading (when I should probably be painting!).

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. There were some complications and I won't be commissioned to create anymore. Which is too bad, they were some fun scenes! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Critique of Southern Collectors Paintings

Baby girl painting