Artwork for Super Hero Day at Chickfila!

I was hired by a local Chick-fil-a in town to paint their windows for their Super Hero Day event next Saturday. It is a great event celebrating the local police, EMT, Fire Department and military. People can dress up like Super Hero's and meet some Super Hero's and eat chicken!
Last Year I was hired by Chick-fil-a to paint the windows and large superhero banner's.  (Click Link to see post from last year http://kati-yates-art.blogspot.com/2012/09/chick-fil-superhero-day.html) This year they were able to reuse the banners and I painted the windows again with military emblems and public service emblems.

 In total it took about 12 hours to do everything.  I drew on poster board the emblems ahead of time to hopefully save time at the store and prevent spacing issues. I taped the poster board on the other side of the glass and then I outlined all the lines in black and began filling in with colors. I removed the poster board and painted white on the other side of the glass to provide a good base and keep the white from getting mixed up with other colors.
Fire Department

Highway Florida Patrol

 If I had a little more time and height (I was feeling really short and pregnant while trying to reach the top paintings on the windows) I would have added a little more to some of them. Thankfully I had some wonderful help keeping me safe when I used the large ladder to reach some of the really tall places.

Super Hero Day!

Whole thing!

Here are four of the panels I painted last year.  There are two more panels not hung up yet.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critique of Southern Collectors Paintings

Baby girl painting

Anne and flowers