Sunflowers

One of the greatest joys is celebrating life with the gift of art. A sweet couple from church is expecting their first baby. Upon finding out it was a girl, I immediately began to inquire some of their interests. They enjoy Psalms 139:14-15 and another verse in Psalms, and were planning a  room theme around "You are my Sunshine" in grays and yellows. Sunflowers were also discussed.

When I tried their chosen verses, it just wouldn't fit. The text was hardly legible due to so many words in a limited space. In the end, selecting these two verses enhanced the composition, while keeping true to the heart of the matter.

Text isn't my specialty, but I am pleased with the outcome. The internet doesn't do the color justice (it never does), and the verse is just perfect for welcoming a new little girl into the world.

Close up of some of the words and a sunflower.
Close up of the other sunflower.



 This painting is 18"x24" painted in oils on canvas. Art makes a unique and lasting gift for the parents-to-be, newlyweds, etc. If you are interested in commissioning a painting and would like a pricing schedule, contact me!

Comments

  1. Your painting is so beautiful and absolutely perfect! I don't remember if I told you but sunflowers were the first flower Jason ever gave me so the sunflowers are part of where it all began. We are so blessed by your friendship and incredible artistic talent. Your painting is so special and the best thing you could've given us! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it and thank you for your kind words!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Critique of Southern Collectors Paintings

Baby girl painting

Anne and flowers