Recently Finished Commission: Panels

I was commissioned at the end of December to paint over some panels that were a little dated and had a lot of texture and raised shapes. After a lot of scraping, sanding, priming I got it all one level. 

BEFORE
BEFORE: Close up (Some scraping started...)



















I was asked to look to an artist named Kim Parker for inspiration in creating the front of these panels. She is a wonderful painter that creates beautiful paintings of flowers.
BEFORE: Back of Panels
I don't usually like to show the process of getting to the final product, but this was such a fun project and I enjoyed the process of getting to the finished panels and seeing how it changed.

Gesso is a thick white paint that I put down before painting the flowers and the background color. I will be putting a varnish over the whole thing once the oil paint dries completely to keep the colors vibrant and make it easy to clean.
AFTER: Completed Panels   

AFTER: Close up of the top of the panels.

AFTER: Close up of the bottom of the panels.

AFTER: Completed Panels!
AFTER: Back of the Panels
AFTER: Back of the Panels



















The back of the panels was a plain color that was very dull. The client really likes orange and red and she gave me a little freedom to create whatever I had time to do on the back. This is what I came up with....I hope she likes it! Or there might be After: AFTER pictures. The back panels are painted with semi gloss paint so it will be very easy to clean.  Another nice thing about panels with two different paintings on them is if you get bored of one side you can always flip it to show the other side.

AFTER: Close up of back of panels

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critique of Southern Collectors Paintings

Baby girl painting

Anne and flowers