Anne of Green Gables in a field

Another dear friend is having a baby girl and here is another painting! I started this painting during the summer for another project. This was a piece I worked on, shelved for some time, unsure of the direction of the work.
The owner is a big fan of Anne of Green Gables and I've completed previous work along this theme for her. She thought this painting, once finished,would work well in her new girls' nursery.
 Here is a picture of the overall effect, followed by detail photos. This painting is oils on canvas and is 16"x20".

 
One of the most challenging parts is Anne's face. It is very small and the slightest line out of place makes her face look wrong. I'm pretty happy with how it ended up turning out.

 I don't often get the opportunity to paint landscapes and this was fun to play around with the different textures of the landscape.
 
I'm so excited for my friend to welcome her newest blessing. If you are looking for a special lasting gift for a friend or family member please message me and I am happy to create a special painting for whatever occasion needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critique of Southern Collectors Paintings

Baby girl painting

Anne and flowers