SPRING INTO ART: You win some, you lose some

Yesterday was the opening gala for the Spring into Art show in Valdosta, GA. I loaded up my one year old and we set off to the show and in the back of my mind I was hoping I had won something, for my pride and to bring home a pretty check. The show had so many artists showing it was amazing and the turnout was great! My son and I could barely make it around to see all the art, it was so crowded.
Ready with my cute date to go to the Spring into Art show

When they announced the winners I tried to stay positive and upbeat upon not winning anything. We didn't get to see the winners artwork because at this point we had been similar to sardines for close to an hour and a half and my son had reached his limit on being touched by strangers. We left and upon calling my husband to let him know we were on our way home I realized I was not upbeat, but being a sore loser. My husband encouraged me and asked me what my purpose in painting is or even entering the show. In my pride, wanting to have money, and after a long drive with my one year old I had forgotten why I paint. I don't paint to make money (I'm not going to lie, it is nice to make money), for man's subjective praise, I paint to glorify God Who gave me the ability to paint. I am so thankful for the opportunity to share my artwork with others in this show and other shows. I look forward to entering more shows, and I hope I will not so quickly forget my purpose in painting. My purpose in life and in painting is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

Pops in the gallery
Area where my second painting was hanging.
Painting called Boys and their Toys (painting in center)
Very crowded gallery
Awards ceremony and wall of flower paintings

Show is over...heading home
Ready to go home.


















My Boo's (great grandmother) paintbrushes
When I came home I was still dejected and frustrated, but then I saw the package my grandmother sent. She sent me my great grandmothers paintbrushes and some of her own art supplies. What a gift and a treasure to have!  I'm so thankful to be able to paint and have this great treasure from my family.
The sweet gift from my grandmother



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critique of Southern Collectors Paintings

Baby girl painting

Anne and flowers